About this document
This is an overview of the modules that make up the Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering Practice geotechnical guidelines.
It introduces the subject of earthquake geotechnical engineering, provides context within the building regulatory framework, and provides guidance for estimating ground motion parameters for geotechnical design.
Learn about Module 1 in the geotechnical education section.
Other resources that are available include:
- on the New Zealand Society on Large Dams website
- on the New Zealand Transport Association website
- Repairing and rebuilding houses affected by the Canterbury earthquakes
- on the Ministry for the Environment website
- on the GNS Science website.