Last updated: 3 May 2018
This guideline is an overview of the earthquake geotechnical engineering practice series. It includes technical detail about estimating ground motion parameters.
Module 1 guideline
Module 1: Overview of the guidelines, and other modules, are available in the earthquake geotechnical engineering practice series.
Module 1 educational resources
Module 1 is an overview only, so there is no related online learning. From September, you will be able to access and register for the online geotechnical educational resources related to other modules on the
Video: Overview of the earthquake geotechnical guidelines
An introduction to the earthquake geotechnical engineering modules and the associated education programme.
- by Jack Baker on the Stanford website.
- video by Professor Brendon Bradley on the University of Canterbury’s YouTube page.
- on the New Zealand Society on Large Dams website.
- on the New Zealand Transport Association website.
- Repairing and rebuilding houses affected by the Canterbury earthquakes (also known as the Residential Guidance).
- on the Ministry for the Environment website.
- on the GNS Science website.