Weathertight Services

If you own a leaky home in New Zealand, you have options to resolve issues under the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act 2006.

If you think you have a leaky home, the Your home (MBIE) provides options to resolve issues under the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act 2006. This will involve an assessment of your home, and you will need to meet the eligibility criteria under the Act to progress your claim.

If your claim is eligible, the resolution options available to you include negotiation, mediation or adjudication.

The Financial Assistance Package (FAP) scheme was another resolution option to assist eligible claimants in repairing their leaky homes. The FAP opened on 23 July 2011 and expired on 23 July 2016. New claims received after this date cannot access the scheme.

If you think your property may be eligible, complete the Declaration of Interest Form and we will you to discuss options for your property. Alternatively, you can us for more information on Weathertight Services.

Declaration of Interest Form [PDF 190 KB] 

Monthly Weathertight Homes Resolution Service claim statistics are available on the MBIE Corporate website.

Official Information Act requests

If you would like information in relation to a Weathertight Claim you can request it under the Official Information Act 1982 (the OIA).

Make a request for official information on the MBIE Corporate website.

билборды киев

купить данабол

This information is published by the Your home’s Chief Executive. It is a general guide only and, if used, does not relieve any person of the obligation to consider any matter to which the information relates according to the circumstances of the particular case. Expert advice may be required in specific circumstances. Where this information relates to assisting people: